Across the Expanse: Day 9

First    Previous    Archive    Next


Day 9

*Start transmission*

Lee: Amy get up!

Havardy: Huh? What?

Lee: The sensors just picked up four unidentified craft head our way. Pirates.

Havardy: Shit, how long until they get here?


Lee: At the rate they're going? About five minutes.

Havardy: What?! What the hell were you doing?

Lee: The long range sensors got fried, there was another solar flare, a big one, while you were asleep and they just went out.

Havardy: You have got to be shitting me.

Lee: I’m not, get your stuff together and head out. I’m activating perimeter defenses.

Havardy: You mean that shitty turret? That thing’s not gonna do anything.

Lee: I don’t have any other option, you get going.

Havardy: I’m already halfway into my suit. You do the same.

Lee: I will after I activate the distress beacon and send a request for help.

Havardy: You have five minutes Jim! Just activate the beacon and go!

Lee: I’m almost- *boom*

Havardy: Jim?!

Lee: They’re here, a missile just hit the shield but the tower is still standing.

Havardy: Get. The fuck. Out of there.

Lee: Request is sent, heading out to Sheila and making a break for it.

Havardy: Has the turret done anything?

Lee: I think it clipped one of them, one of the ships is trailing smoke.

Havardy: Good, I’m out of the base now and making my way to the bunker.

Lee: Just got on Sheila, taking off on a dummy route then I’ll fly on over. It looks like they aren’t interested in me so I may just- shit.

Havardy: What? What is it?

Lee: One of them trailed off and is following me.

Havardy: Lose them in the ravines.

Lee: I’m try- *boom* I’m hit! I’m hit! Rear thrusters are busted! I’m going do- *bzzt*

Havardy: Jim?.... Jim?!

Lee: *Silence*

Havardy: ...fuck.

*End transmission*

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Comments

Popular Posts