Across the Expanse: Day 3

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Day 3

*Start Transmission*

Havardy: Fuck.

Lee: What is it Lieu- uh, I mean ma- *sigh*

Havardy: ...just call me Amy.

Lee: Alright… Amy, what’s the problem?

Havardy: Two of the mining drones got their path finders fried by that solar flare yesterday. They wandered off into the Expanse while I was sleeping.


Lee: Shouldn’t there have been a warning about that?

Havardy: Remember what I said about old equipment?

Lee: ...does anything work like it’s supposed to?

Havardy: Vera about back doesn’t much trouble working.

Lee: Vera?

Havardy: Small transporter out back. Drives like an Old Age rover and looks as ugly as a naked 
Thulu, but she gets the job done. Nothing compared to Sheila.

Lee: And that is?

Havardy: Your shuttle. She’s not much better than Vera, but when Phil let me fly her for that short amount of time… it was bliss.

Lee: ...right, are you going out to get those drones?

Havardy: Yeah yeah, give me a second. Slipping into an EVA suit takes a while you know.

Lee: Do you want me to report this incident to the Coalition?

Havardy: Don’t bother, they never respond anyways. Anyways the suit’s on, doesn’t really compliment my figure but eh, feels nice. Contact you in an hour.






Havardy: Alright, good news and bad news.

Lee: What’s the bad news?

Havardy: One of the drones fell off a ravine and is broken into an ass load of pieces, recovery looks pretty much impossible at this point.

Lee: *Groans* The good news?

Havardy: Another one fell a shorter distance and only broke in half.

Lee: How is that good news?

Havardy: Positives Lee, positives.

Lee: I’m not seeing anything positive about this situation.

Havardy: Well for one thing I can salvage the parts and use them as spares for the other drones.

Lee: Anything else?

Havardy: I don’t need to pay attention to as many drones.

Lee: ...right, that sounds pleasant.

Havardy: See? Now you’re getting it.

Lee: How do you plan on retrieving one the pod?

Havardy: Vera here has a crane on the back, shouldn’t be too difficult. I’ll have the pieces packed up and back to base in about an hour and a half.

Lee: Right, well I’m gonna put in a report about what happened, let me know when you get back.

Havardy: Will do.






Havardy: More good news.

Lee: What is it?

Havardy: The view over the Expanse is magnificent right now.

Lee: Is it?

Havardy: Yeah, take a look yourself. You should be able to see Deletros sinking into the horizon.

Lee: ... oh wow. That is pretty. I didn’t expect it to be so… blue.

Havardy: Gotta learn to savor moments like this, keeps me from being stir-crazy.

Lee: May I ask why you’ve been here for so long?

Havardy: Pissed off a few people, kicked some ass, you know, the usual.

Lee: Uh… yeah.

Havardy: ...anyways I’ll contact you when I get back. Enjoy the view Lee.

Lee: Understood.

*End transmission*


First    Previous    Archive    Next

Comments

Popular Posts