Across the Expanse: Day 7

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Day 7

*Start transmission*

Havardy: Hey Jim mi- what is that thumping noise?

Lee: Currently...running…

Havardy: In the middle of the night?

Lee: Feel’s… right.

Havardy: Okaaaay… I prefer the morning myself. Anyways did you put in your requisition order yet?

Lee: No… doing it… after-

Havardy: For the love of God just stop running.

Lee: ……. I’m doing it after my run… which I guess it right now I suppose.

Havardy: Right, right, could you do me a solid?

Lee: What do you need?

Havardy: I need you to request a few things for me.

Lee: And you didn’t do this in your own Req order because?

Havardy: Well… eheh, it slipped my mind.

Lee: *sigh* Alright then, what are the items.

Havardy: I’ll send you the list, it’s a bunch of spare parts for the drones down here.

Lee: Got it, how did you forget that?

Havardy: Well I had more important things on my mind.

Lee: Right, what did you put in your order?

Havardy: A couple of books, a few bottles of wine, some special rations.

Lee: ...that’s it?

Havardy: What? My personal comfort is important too you know.

Lee: You literally forgot site maintenance for special comforts.

Havardy: This one time!

Lee: Yeah, ok. How are you gonna manage the wine anyways? The Coalition doesn’t allow alcohol in their facilities.

Havardy: Like I said, I know a guy… you aren’t gonna rat on me are you?

Lee: Wasn't planning on it.

Havardy: Alright, good. Wouldn't blame you if you did, but… no, no that’d be a dick move.

Lee: Enlisted do shady stuff all the time, so I don't really care, as long as it doesn't affect the mission I mean. And right now… there is no mission, so fuck it.

Havardy: Amen. Thanks for this.

Lee: No problem, but did you seriously write wine on your Req order? What if the wrong person saw that?

Havardy: Please, I'm not stupid, I listed it under “celebratory beverage”, the guy I know will be able to tell that that means.

Lee: Right. So what’s the occasion?

Havardy: My brother completes his first year at the Academy at the end of the month. Figured I should celebrate.

Lee: Oh, well a very early congratulations to him.

Havardy: I’ll be sure to pass it on. Tell you what… keep a bottle for yourself whenever they come in.

Lee: Not much of a drinker.

Havardy: Well I’m not celebrating alone and you’re the only one on this rock, so you got no choice.

Lee: Don’t you know it's bad leadership to pressure your subordinates?

Havardy: Well now it’s an order, whenever that wine comes in you and me are toasting to my brother’s success got it?

Lee: Yes ma’am.

Havardy: Good.

Lee: You’re gonna have to swing by and pick it up yourself anyways.

Havardy: Exactly, then you can’t refuse.

Lee: I guess not. Now let's put in that- hold on.

Havardy: What is it?

Lee: Report from Helos Outpost. There have been numerous pirate sightings in the area.

Havardy: Shit, seriously? There’s nothing of note out here, what are they doing here?

Lee: Don’t know. Do you know the location of the bunker in case things go to hell here?

Havardy: Yeah, but do you think they’re really coming here? Titanium really isn’t a valuable resource nowadays, they’d get more of a profit hitting some of the asteroid belts in the Talua Systems.

Lee: Best to be prepared.

Havardy: Yeah, better start packing an emergency kit.

Lee: Agreed.

Havardy: But first, that Req order.

Lee: ...you have the best sense of priorities.

*End transmission*


First    Previous    Archive    Next

Comments

Popular Posts