Across the Expanse: Day 4

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Day 4

*Start transmission*

Havardy: So Lee, where are you from?

Lee: Atropos.

Havardy: Ah, one of the capital planets huh? I'm a Fringes-born myself.

Lee: Genos Prime right?

Havardy: How do you know that?

Lee: It's on your dossier. Should be right… Ah here we go: Amelia Havardy. Age: 24, Height: 170 cm, Weight-

Havardy: Alright alright, I get it. Completely forgot about those things. Let me take a… Oh, hey you're pretty cute.

Lee: Excuse me?

Havardy: You're cute. Don't take it to heart, it's just an observation. Or does that rustle your jimmies?

Lee: No, just caught me off guard is all.

Havardy: Good. For the record, you call me cute I'll kick your ass.

Lee: ...what would you prefer then?

Havardy: Gorgeous, knuckle-biting beautiful, and hot enough for a Naga to sweat their scales off.

Lee: Right…

Havardy: Anyways, let’s see… your first name is James? Mind if I call you Jim?

Lee: I don't see why not.

Havardy: Right then Jim, I wonder what other dirt this has on you…Age: 22, 185cm *clicks her teeth*... wait, that can't be right.

Lee: What do you mean?

Havardy: It says here you were in Infantry.

Lee: With the 401st, yeah.

Havardy: Yeah but you were enlisted, a petty officer.

Lee: I got promoted.

Havardy: Funny, I thought you needed to graduate from the Academy in order to become an officer. It says here you don't have a degree.

Lee: There were… Circumstances that gave me this position.

Havardy: You mean the honor and privilege to look at absolutely nothing for the next nine months?

Lee: Yes.

Havardy: Riiiiiiiight. Well if you don't want to talk about it that's fine by me.

Lee: Understood.

Havardy: It says here that you have a sister, and that your father is… a dance instructor?

Lee: Uhhhhh, yeah, yeah he was.

Havardy: Pfffffft hahahahaha. Sorry, sorry, it's just hard to see. He teach you some of his moves?

Lee: ...yeah.

Havardy: Oh really sweetfeet? You’re gonna have to show me some moves.

Lee: Now?

Havardy: No not now. Does it look like I’m in front of you?

Lee: Ah.

Havardy: And your mother… oh, oh I’m sorry.

Lee: It’s alright, happened a long time ago.

Havardy: Is that why you joined the military?

Lee: I joined because I couldn’t seen myself doing anything else. My mother has nothing to do with it.

Havardy: Right… right. So, your sister, what does she do?

Lee: Studying to be a doctor, she got the brains in the family.

Havardy: Oh, good...good.

Lee: ...

Havardy:

Lee: Your dossier mentioned you have a brother. What does he do?

Havardy: Going to the Academy, he keeps telling me he wants to be a pilot.

Lee: Just like his sister.

Havardy: Psh, my wings have been clipped. They even went as far as to station me in the next to a position with a shuttle, just to let it sink in.

Lee: Well Lieutenant Gomez let you fly it didn’t he?

Havardy: He did, but he was also plastered off his ass and a few days later he was gone. Then you showed up. I’m thinking it wasn’t a coincidence. So if you were thinking of offering, thank you, but don’t worry about it.

Lee: ...understood.

Havardy: Anyways, I’m gonna take a catnap, talk to you later Jim.

Lee: Likewise ma’am.

Havardy: …Jim.

Lee: Right, sorry. Talk to you later Amy.

Havardy: Better.

*End transmission*


First    Previous    Archive    Next

Comments

Popular Posts