Across the Expanse: Day 13

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Day 13


*Start transmission*


Havardy: Do you have visual yet?

Lee: Just coming up to a good vantage point, hold on… There, the Mine is in sight.

Havardy: What's the situation?

Lee: There are three ships left, two Corsairs and the frigate.


Havardy: Are they all grounded?

Lee: Yeah, if you're gonna fly now would be the time to do it.

Havardy: Got it. Can you tell what model the Frigate is?

Lee: Looks like an old Coalition one, maybe an S-40 or 41?

Havardy: Perfect, we went over the blueprints for those all the time back at the Academy.

Lee: I think I remember see those in some of the notes I was going over.

Havardy: Yeah, makes our plan much easier. If what we’re looking for is still intact then we are set.

Lee: You sure you remember where it was?

Havardy: Yeah I think I know the general area, plus it's deep in the ravines so chances are there should still be a faint energy signal for me to trace.

Lee: Alright well I'll keep an eye out here, let me know when you have visual.

Havardy: Will do.





Havardy: Hey.

Lee: Have you found it yet?

Havardy: No, I just got to the general area, any change in movement on their end?

Lee: Negative, there are a couple of pirates outside that looked like they were arguing but that could be about anything.

Havardy: Have you managed to get a headcount of them?

Lee: The most I've seen leave the frigate was a group of three, keeping that in mind I’m guess they were originally a group of six.

Havardy: Now five.

Lee: Yeah, if we can somehow draw away those Corsairs it'll go down to three.

Havardy: Right… Anyways that's not why I got into contact with you, how’s your shoulder doing?

Lee: It's fine, just a little sore. Considering the stuff we had to use back in the bunker I'd say it's a blessing.

Havardy: Yeah, but you probably shouldn't  stress it out when you can.

Lee: Considering what we're trying to do? I doubt that I'm going to be able to prevent that.

Havardy: Well just relax it for now alright?

Lee: Noted.

Havardy: Alright, well I'll let you know whenever I find it. How much time do we have left?

Lee: About two hours. Then I got to start heading back if I want to make it before nightfall.

Havardy: Got it, contact you in a bit.




Havardy: Found it.

Lee: Nice, is it’s drill still intact?

Havardy:  Yeah, luckily enough only the drone’s torso was really damaged. Let me see if… yes! It’s fuel rod is still intact.

Lee: Perfect, is getting the drill gonna be a problem?

Havardy: Nah, just let me cut this off and I’ll be on my way.

Lee: Make sure to keep its circuitry intact.

Havardy: I know this, how hard coul- oh.

Lee: Are you kidding me?

Havardy: You distracted m- oh wait, no, no we’re good, false alarm.

Lee: *Groan* Alright well there is no movement on my end, I’m gonna start heading back.

Havardy: Alright, see you back at the bunker. I’m gonna take a long route and see if I can’t fly above the ravines for a bit, the flares from Deletros should be enough to mask my emissions.

Lee: Sounds like a plan, see you in a bit.


*End transmission*

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Comments

Popular Posts