Across the Expanse: Day 5

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Day 5

*Start transmission*

Lee: Amy?

Havardy: Yeah?

Lee: I'm detecting a large amount of noise in your room, is everything alright?

Havardy: What? Oh, that’s just my music. Here, have a listen.

*music blares for a moment*

Havardy: What do you think?

Lee: I think my ears are bleeding.

Havardy: What? Not a fan of Rock and Roll?

Lee: It was more of an issue with volume, but no, more of an Orchestral fan myself.

Havardy: Pft, what were you one of those soldiers that gunned down the enemy to Ave Maria?

Lee: I'm a soldier, not some Old Age gangster. And generally we didn't listen to music in combat.

Havardy: Obviously, but you guys must have had something to listen to while charging in or dropping in.

Lee: ...Charge of the Star Brigade.

Havardy: Seriously?

Lee: Yep.

Havardy: But that song is like 200 years old.

Lee: A true classic.

Havardy: You are being such an old man right now.

Lee: Don’t make me pull out my spectacles.

Havardy: Did you seriously make a joke just now? Man I’m breaking you down faster than I thought.

Lee: I’ve been staring at an empty void for the last four days, I think I’m due just one joke.

Havardy: I feel ya. I’m staring at these drones for so long that I’m starting to think I’m turning into one.

Lee: I find the chance of that happening highly unlikely.

Havardy: I dunnooooo… Rudolph has listened to me ramble for months. Such a good listener.

Lee: You named a drone?

Havardy: I named all of them, we got Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen...

Lee: Santa’s reindeer? Really?

Havardy: I got bored last Christmas and let's just say… that improvised eggnog does things to your head.

Lee: I’ll say.

Havardy: I’m honestly shocked you weren’t surprised that I celebrated Christmas.

Lee: It’s a large galaxy, people are bound to be celebrating a bunch of different holidays.

Havardy: Well what do you celebrate?

Lee: Kwanzaa.

Havardy: Really?

Lee: No not really. I don’t celebrate anything.

Havardy: What about your family?

Lee: My mom used to make us celebrate Christmas, but that kind of faded after a while.

Havardy: Ah… well you better start learning to celebrate the little things, because that’s all you’re getting here.

Lee: I’ll keep that in mind. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Havardy: Oh don’t worry, I got plenty coming up.

*End transmission*


First    Previous    Archive    Next

Comments

Popular Posts