Across the Expanse: Day 15

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Day 15


*Start transmission*


Havardy: You in position?

Lee: Ready whenever you are.

Havardy: Good luck Jim.

Lee: Same to you.

Havardy: Launching missile.

*Explosion*

Lee: Moving in.






Lee: I’ve made it into the frigate, moving into the engine room.

Havardy: Right, I’ll try and keep them distracted.

Lee: Acknowledged. Proceeding to target.




Lee: At the engine room, what’s your status?

Havardy: I’m fine, get that engine shut down.

Lee: Working on it.

*Whirring*

*Slicing*

*Small explosion*

*Whirring dies down*

Lee: Done. I’m gonna see if I swing around to the bridge through the ventilation system.

Havardy: Right… shit.

Lee: The other Corsairs have shown up?

Havardy: Yeah, it’s just one though. I can handle it. But hurry it up will you?

Lee: Right- ack!

Havardy: Lee?

Lee: I pulled my shoulder getting into a vent.

Havardy: Is it bearable?

Lee: Yeah. Hurts like a bitch but I’ll manage… I have no choice.




Havardy: What’s your position?

Lee: I’m above the bridge right now. Looks like there’s only one guy on the bridge. How are you doing?

Havardy: Fine, I can’t get a bead on the other Corsair because the frigate keeps firing at me but they haven’t managed to hit me yet and- fuck.

Lee: The other one showed up?

Havardy: Yeah, hurry your ass. Now.

Lee: Roger.

*Banging noise*

Pirate: Wh- hrk!

*Scuffle*

Lee: Pirate’s down, working on that distress beacon now and… there, it's activated. I’ve also sent a message to Helos just in case. Are you- whoa.

Havardy: What?

Lee: I’m seeing you on the display. I know you said you were good but I didn’t think you were that good.

Havardy: I appreciate the faith, but mind speeding it up there? Get the data and go!

Lee: Right, starting the download right now.

Pirate Captain: Freeze.

Lee: ...shit.

Havardy: Lee?

Pirate Captain: Turn around, slowly.

Lee:

Havardy: Jim? Answer me man.

Pirate Captain: I’m assuming that person in the Corsair is the other officer?

Lee:

Pirate Captain: You wouldn’t happen to be the one that killed one of my men would you? Because if you were then I sh-

*Scuffle* *Grunting*

*Multiple Gunshots*

Havardy: Jim?! Come on m-

Lee: I’m… fine, extracting the data right now.

Havardy: Roger, get to the Expanse right now, I’ll distract them for a moment longer and meet you back at the bunker alright?

Lee: Yeah… that sounds fine...  making my way out, see you at there.

Havardy: Roger.




Havardy: Alright I’ve shaken them, making my way back to the bunker now.

Lee:

Havardy: Jim? Did you read me?

Lee:


*End transmission*




Havardy: Jim! Was you transmitter damaged? You di- oh god.

Lee:  It’s… not as bad as it looks. I managed to patch it up a before I passed out.

Havardy: The hell it isn’t! You got shot in the stomach man!

Lee: Just… gotta hold on unt-ack- until help arrives.

Havardy: Dammit man… why weren’t you more careful?

Lee: Your criticism is noted, now if you don’t mind... I think you could do a better job of sealing this up.

Havardy: Yeah… yeah, just relax alright? I’ll take care of this.

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Comments

Popular Posts