Across the Expanse: Day 14

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Day 14


Havardy: Alright, so I think I remembered enough from the Academy to give a rough outline of the frigate.

Lee: You drew a box with smaller boxes inside of it.

Havardy: I said rough didn't I? And I don't see you doing anything.

Lee: Fair point.

Havardy: So the way I'm seeing it is that you have two places to attack. Here and here.

Lee: The engine and the bridge right?

Havardy: Yeah, but you have to keep an eye out for these rooms here.

Lee: You just pointed to the bridge and engine again.

Havardy: What? No I didn't.

Lee: The image rotated.

Havardy: Oh goddammit… There, I'm talking about the crew quarters and the armory.

Lee: I can see why the armory would be important, but why the crew quarters?

Havardy: Because if you manage to catch any of the crew unawares there you could probably seal them in there. Weld the door tight or something.

Lee: Does the drill even have that kind of function?

Havardy: No but the plasma cutter does, you'll be taking both with you. Use the drill to damage the engine, it's high intensity setting should cut through the pieces pretty easily.

Lee: Got it.

Havardy: Anyways when you get to the bridge-

Lee: That's the armory.

Havardy: W-*sighs*...here, the bridge. Your objective is to get here and activate the distress beacon and maybe get a message out to Helos if you can, after that get the hell out and back to the bunker.

Lee: Shouldn't we try to figure out why they're here?

Havardy: ...you sure they aren't here to steal from the Mine?

Lee: Do you think they would go through all this trouble to steal some common resources. The pirate from before was looking for something, and for some reason he thought we were hiding it.

Havardy: Right, consider it a secondary objective for now, if it gets too dangerous get the hell out of there.

Lee: Understood.

Havardy: I'll be in the Corsair, I don't know how long I'll be able to keep them distracted but you gotta use that time wisely.

Lee: Right, and I'm still unsure about the amount of pirates we got to deal with, so there is that to consider as well.

Havardy: Yeah, so I'll open up. While the crew of the frigate is distracted with me you sneak through the ship and damage the engine, when they get distracted by that they should spread through the ship to see what the hell is going on. If you manage to sneak past them there you'll probably have to deal with one or two in the bridge. Can you handle that?

Lee: I've had worse odds.

Havardy: ...you sure? Your shoulder still hurts doesn't it?

Lee: It'll be fine. What are you gonna do if they recall their own fighters?

Havardy: It's like you said, I’ve had worse odds.

Lee: ...huh.

Havardy: Alright so let’s go over this again, you attack here, at the engine.

Lee: That’s the crew quarters.

Havardy: Oh come on





Lee: Hey, Amy.

Havardy: Hm? What’s up?

Lee: I just wanted to say thanks for saving me.

Havardy: ...you waited till I was asleep to say this?

Lee: We’ve been busy.

Havardy: Yeah well there was no way I was gonna let you leave me alone to deal with this.

Lee: *Laughs* I’m sure you would have managed just fine.

Havardy: Maybe, maybe not, but I’m not about to answer that question in this life.

Lee: Still… I owe you one.

Havardy: Well you can cook right?

Lee: Yeah.

Havardy: When this is over you owe me a meal. I’m feeling a nice, juicy steak. Do you think you can manage?

Lee: I think I can. Would mash potatoes as a side work for you?

Havardy: Oh man would it. I’m salivating just thinking about it.

Lee: It’s settled then, when this is all over you’re getting a nice steak dinner.

Havardy: Those pirates better have a fleet then, because I’m starting to get hangry.

Lee: *Laughs* That makes me feel so much better about our chances.

Havardy: It should, you’ve pretty much got Hell’s Angel on your side now buddy. Now if you don’t mind, said angel is gonna catch some shut eye. Maybe I’ll dream about home cooked food and some place that isn’t this dumb rock.

Lee: Amen to that. Good night Amy.

Havardy: Same to you Jim.


First    Previous    Archive    Next

Comments

Popular Posts