Across the Expanse: Day 80

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Day 80

Amy: Merry Christmas Jim.

Jim: You know, Wraith is the one giving us these suits, shouldn't he be saying that?

Wraith: Merry Christmas Jim.

Jim: I wasn't being serious…

Amy: Anyways suit up, staring at them is nice and all but I want to see what these baby’s do.

Jim: Yeah yeah, Wraith?

Wraith: Acknowledged, when you are ready please step into the armor stations.

Amy: And here we go…


Wow, it's like I'm wearing nothing at all.

Wraith: The operator suit is designed to be lightweight and affords maximum flexibility. Basic shielding is handled by hard light constructs operated by the suit’s OS.

Amy: Neat, I'm assuming these wire like paths along the suit allow for quick interfacing with machinery?

Wraith: Correct, is this a familiar principle among Human technology?

Amy: Kind of, it's more of an Aesir thing, they have this circuitry under their skin that lets them sync up to any piece of technology. No one knows how they manage to do that, but it lets them use pretty much any piece of tech out there.

Wraith: This one sees… further inquiry into the Aesir seems necessary.

Amy: Oh? Interested are we? Just remember they’re pretty much human aside from all the tech they have under their skin. Odds are you're not gonna find out what they don't want you to know.

Wraith: Yes… Human security has proved to be the most resilient to this one’s abilities, though the Rezenaga have some interesting security measures as well.

Amy: Yeah well the Nagas are a tricky bunch.

Jim: Alright, so how do I look?

Amy: Like you belong on the cover of a novel. Seriously I think that's added like a foot to you.

Jim: Yeah I noticed that, though I figured you were always that short.

Amy: Thanks for that. Anyways how does it feel?

Jim: It's pretty light, though considering I've got a lot more stuff attached to this frame than yours you must feel weightless.

Amy: Yeah, it's more like a skin suit than armor.

Wraith: The battle frame is equipped with more armor plating due to its proximity to combat. The plating on the frame has been calculated to deflect most conventional weaponry present in this Galaxy. Heavy weaponry, however, is still strong enough to damage the frame, so caution is advised.

Amy: Hmmm… maybe this operator frame wasn't such a good idea after all.

Wraith: The circuitry in the operator frame will prove to be useful as you explore the underground facility. A number of Faar’Shar technology is only usable with the operator frame and chances are there will be such technology located in the facility.

Amy: What so Jim’s the precautionary meat shield while I work everything?

Wraith: Correct.

Jim: How pleasant.

Amy: Chipper up Jim, at least you can shoot lasers out your hands now.

Jim: You can do that too you know.

Amy: Yeah but not big lasers.

Jim: *Laugh* Yeah yeah, though I'm sure this frame can do more.

Wraith: Correct, this one has already prepared some tools for you to use, each requiring specific frames to operate.

Amy: Oooooooh.

Jim: Merry Christmas then, Amy.



Amy: Ah man, that was awesome.

Jim: It was pretty cool yeah.

Amy: Jim, you were shooter a fire tornado out of your hands.

Jim: And you were dealing with some heavy machinery, how big was that turret?

Amy: Almost twice my size, man he wasn't kidding when said that the operator frame can use almost anything.

Jim: From what I can only guess, it looks like the battle frame was designed be a kind of mobile weapons platform, you, on the other hand can handle all the other types of combat or utility. Kind of the better deal of we’re honest.

Amy: And it makes me look pretty hot.

Jim: Yeah ok, a little I guess.

Amy: A little huh, if you say so Jim.

Jim: Anyways you mind coming with me to the Tower?

Amy: Oh? What for?

Jim: Got a surprise for you.

Amy: Does said surprise involve food?

Jim: You’ll see when we get there.



Amy: Alright Jim what's the- *sniff* oh something smells good.

Jim: Figured you’d like a home cooked meal on Christmas.

Amy: Damn right I do, what's on the menu?

Jim: Roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans and some stuffing.

Amy: With gravy?

Jim: With gravy.

Amy: You know me so well.

Jim: Yeah we'll prepare your stomach, I'm gonna be running this off for the next month.

Amy: Eh, less talking more eating.

Jim: Before that, here.

Amy: You got me a book?

Jim: Yeah, you're always reading and talking about how paper books are the best so I figured I'd get you one. I actually had one laying around back at home so I had my sister send it to me.

Amy: Sailing Amongst the Stars, by one Steven Henry.

Jim: It's a bit cheesy, but I figured it was better than nothing.

Amy: No it's great… but I didn't get you anything.

Jim: Eh don’t worry about it. I didn't really tell you about this so it's all good. Consider it payback for saving me back when I got shot.

Amy: You’ve done more than enough to pay me back for that.

Jim: Ah don't be bashful, it doesn't suit you. Now, let's go eat.

Amy: Yeah, ok, sounds good… thank you, Jim.

Jim: Anytime Amy.

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Comments

Popular Posts