Across the Expanse: Day 79

First    Previous    Archive    Next


Day 79


Amy: So wait, you’re telling me that this process is gonna take a whole day?


Wraith: Correct, it appears there are enough differences between Human and Faar’Shar bioscans to warrant the necessary adjustments for compatibility.


Jim: Like what exactly?




Wraith: For one, the size difference between the two species requires the shifting of armor components for the proper fit and functionality.


Amy: That’s… fair I guess. Since we’re getting these pretty much scott free I can’t really complain.


Jim: Yeah, though I do admit it’s cutting into the dramatic satisfaction a little bit.


Amy: So you were excited.


Jim: Yes I was, but doesn’t mean I had to tell you.


Amy: How mature.


Jim: You’ll get over it.


Wraith: With the current adjustments to the frames, you have the choice between the operator frame and battle frame.


Amy: I thought we agreed on battle frames.


Wraith: Correct, but if you would allow me to explain the full extent of each frame’s abilities, perhaps it will allow you to make a better choice.


Jim: I think we should hear him out on this one.


Amy: Yeah good point.


Wraith: The battle frame, as it is aptly named, is designed to handle and adapt to a large number of combat situations. It is capable of interacting with basic attachments as well, but its true potential lies in its compatibility with numerous weapon attachments, as I have described before.


Amy: Right right, and that’s badass, but you seem really keen on pushing this operator frame on us.


Wraith: This one feels that it is the best fit for you Amy.


Amy: Oh? And why is that?


Wraith: The operator frame is fairly self explanatory. It is capable of operating and using a number of Faar’Shar vehicles to their fullest capabilities.


Amy: Yeah but so far we really haven’t found any Faar’Shar vehicles around here. Wouldn’t be really necessary right now.


Wraith: That assessment may be correct, however, use of the operator frame is essential for operation of a Faar’Shar Corsair-class ship.


Amy: ...go on.


Wraith: The operator frame is the one frame that is capable of handling the complex calculations for flight. It links with the interface of the Corsair and essentially allows operations of the ship to be very similar your Coalition made vessels.


Amy: ...I think I’ll take it.


Jim: You sure? We haven’t even found an actual ship beyond the one Wraith’s in.


Amy: You never know though, and I’m not passing on the opportunity to fly me a badass space ship.


Jim: ...right, I’m assuming you suggested the operator frame to Amy because you know she’s a pilot?


Wraith: Correct, the battle frame is still the preferred choice for you Jim.


Jim: Because of my infantry experience?


Wraith: Correct, your combat experience is ideal for handling of the battle frame. Each frame is suited to both of your abilities accordingly.


Amy: Neat.


Wraith: Now if you would please step into the pods.


Amy: Ready Jim?


Jim: *Sigh* Yeah, time to be a test subject for a day.


Amy: Think of it like a day at the spa.


Jim: I don’t go to spas.


Amy: Well, explains why you’re so prickly then.


Jim: Lets just get this over with shall we?

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Comments

Popular Posts