Across the Expanse: Day 74

First    Previous    Archive    Next


Day 74


*Start Transmission*


Amy: Alright, I’m in Tessa and heading out to the first location.


Jim: I’m surprised, you usually don’t get up this early.


Amy: Well I mean if there were awesome alien tech out there just waiting to be discovered you’d be up early too.


Jim: I’m always up early, you’re the one waking up at like one in the afternoon.


Amy: …shut up.


Jim: Anyways let me know when you get there, I’m sure Wraith is listening in already so he’ll explain things I guess.


Wraith: You would be correct.


Amy: Joy, what are you gonna be up to Jim?


Jim: I’ll be here monitoring you from here and going over some paperwork.


Amy: Boy do I wish I was you right now.


Jim: Your sarcasm is noted, now just fly out there.


Amy: Right right, let you know when I get there.




Amy: Alright I’ve arrived at the location and surprise surprise, it's smack  dab in the middle of the Expanse.


Jim: Well I mean what did you expect, somewhere deep in the mines?


Amy: Wouldn’t that be convenient.


Wraith: This one has not detected any traces of Faar’Shar technology within your mining facility.


Amy: Thanks for stating the obvious.


Wraith: You are welcome.


Amy: You don’t have to… *sigh* just tell me where I'm supposed to be looking.


Wraith: It appears that the technology is buried some ways underground.

Amy: Great, let me just get this mining laser out from the back here…

Jim: You mean you actually kept that thing?

Amy: Well why not? It's not like there was any point in throwing it away, and see, we did need it in the long run.

Jim: Fair point, just never took you for a hoarder.

Amy: What, the copious amount of sweets I have stashed away didn't tip you off to that?

Jim: I guess it should have. Good thing you actually exercise to keep all that off.

Amy: A lady’s gotta fit into her clothes. These suits are somewhat elastic but I'd rather not feel like a sausage. Anyways I'm gonna get to work on this, talk to you in a bit. Wraith tell me when I’m close alright?

Wraith: Acknowledged.

Jim: Talk to you guys in a bit then.





Amy: Alright, I’ve cut my way down and I’ve found uh… well I’ve found something.


Jim: That something being?


Amy: Dead Faar’Shar, or his armor, I don't want to open the visor to tell.


Wraith: This one is afraid to report that the crew member you have found has passed.


Amy: And there we go, shit.


Wraith: It appears that due to the drastic climate of the planet and the fact that the body has been buried under ground, the occupant has undergone mummification.


Amy: Oh, so alien mummies, brilliant.

Jim: No need to sound so excited.

Amy: I’m fucking ecstatic.

Wraith: If you would please complete the extraction of the body and transport it to the vessel, this one will be able to run a diagnostic on it to ascertain the conditions that led to their death.

Amy: Right right… *sigh* starting up the drill again.

*End Transmission*

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Comments

Popular Posts