Across the Expanse: Day 77

First    Previous    Archive    Next


Day 77


*Start Transmission*


???: Hey sis.


Amy: Luke? Is that you?


Luke: Yeah, the Academy finally upgraded their communications array so it reaches out into the Fringes.




Amy: Oh nice! It's good to hear from you. I haven’t heard your voice in months.


Luke: Yeah well your snark seeped through the text messaging just fine.


Amy: Oh really?


Luke: Yeah, especially with all the EMPHASIS on random WORDS, and ALL that.


Amy: I’ll KEEP that IN MIND. Smartass, and you’re calling me snarky.


Luke: Well it runs in the family. Blame yourself for this.


Amy: Will not, you should have known better.


Luke: Ever the spitting image of accountability eh sis?


Amy: I'm full of accountability, if I ever run out Jim will just pick up the slack.


Luke: So he does everything then.


Amy: Yeah pretty much, my job is to look at screens all day and make some minor repairs, maybe even request a new drone or two. His, well he just looks at communications all day.


Luke: So what you're telling me is that you guys are having the time of your lives.


Amy: Oh definitely, so much time I could die.


Luke: Let's not do that shall we? Would be a shame if my only family member died out of sheer boredom, as unsurprising as that would be.


Amy: Glad you sound so concerned.


Luke: Always sis.




Are you sure you're doing ok Amy?


Amy: Yeah I’m fine. Why, is my baby brother worried about me?


Luke: Well I mean a little yeah, I still don't know why you decided to take such a position out there in the Fringes. You're pretty much in the fringes of the Fringes.


Amy: Fringe-ception.


Luke: Haha, but be serious for a moment please?


Amy: Luke you have nothing to worry about. You're big sis can take care of herself alright? Besides, it's not like I'm all that bored right now anyways.


Luke: Is it because of Jim?


Amy: What? No it's not because of… well I guess a little. He’s a hell of a lot more entertaining than Gomez, that's for sure.


Luke: A hell of a lot younger too.


Amy: Is that a hint of jealously I'm detecting Luke? Afraid the young, dashing officer is gonna take your sister away from you and leave you alone?


Luke: What!? No, ew, just an observation is all.


Amy: Riiiiiiiiight.


Luke: *Sigh* never should have brought that up. It's just that… I'm just making sure you’re ok.


Amy: And I’m fine, don't worry about me. Believe me there is plenty entertaining me right now, you just focus on making it through the Academy. I saw your grades, you've been slacking on Chemistry.


Luke: This new professor is a bitch and a half though, this is what happens when you yank the R&D scientists and make them teach.


Amy: What, it's not Professor Alligard anymore?


Luke: No, it's some new one. Smart as hell but the way she teaches makes it feel like it's a parent trying to teach a baby how to speak Thulu.


Amy: Yeesh. Still, no excuses Luke, get your ass in gear.


Luke: Fine fine, guess that means I should stop stalling and go study then…


Amy: Yes you should. Material isn't gonna learn itself.


Luke: *Chuckle* I'm going I’m going… take care of yourself sis.


Amy: Don't worry about me little brother. I’ll be kicking ass like always.


*End Transmission*

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Comments

Popular Posts