Across the Expanse: Day 66

First    Previous    Archive    Next


Day 66

Jim: I see… due to a conflict in your own galaxy you were forced to travel across Dark Space to reach ours, and in the process you somehow ended up here, though you don’t know how.

Wraith: That is correct, my memory banks indicate that Faar’Shar crew members were present on this vessel upon entry to this Galaxy, but beyond that it seems there was either a memory wipe or sudden shutdown of the system until you activated this one a day ago.



Jim: Right, do you happen to know what exactly happened in your galaxy to make you travel all the way here? It couldn’t have been that bad, could it?


Wraith: I am sorry, but this one is unable to provide you with that information.

Jim: What? Why not?

Wraith: Though you possess the master key to this vessel, access to that information is reserved to the highest ranked Faar’shar operatives.

Jim: But why? You’d think if the Faar’shar came all the way here they’d at least have the courtesy to warn us about what chased them out.

Wraith: Records indicate that the threat was already neutralized by the time the Faar’shar left what you call Andromeda, however, the resulting conflict made the Galaxy virtually uninhabitable and unable to sustain life for some time, prompting Colonization.

Jim: Well if the Faar’shar left then whoever was strong enough to drive you guys out must have been able to follow right? What makes you so sure that they’ve been completely taken care of?

Wraith: This one is sorry, but this one is unable to provide that information.

Jim: *sigh* Fine, this is starting to sound a bit above my pay grade anyways.

*Start Transmission*

Amy: Figure out anything important?

Jim: Beyond a few vague points, not really, and I’ve pretty much dumped all my knowledge of history on Wraith so now I’ve ran out of things to talk about.
Amy: You could talk about the weather.

Jim: Brilliant, ‘Oh hey Wraith, you notice how cold it is outside?’

Wraith: Temperature readings indicate that, while below freezing, it is still possible for terrestrial travel to take place.

Jim: ...Uh Wraith? I wasn’t actually talking to you.

Wraith: You were referenced this one’s designation, did you not?

Amy: Oh man, this guy’s gonna be fun.

Jim: No I wasn’t just… I wasn’t actually referring to you alright?

Wraith: This one sees…

Amy: You know Jim, you’d make a great ambassador.

Jim: Oh shut it Amy, aren’t you the superior officer here? You should be handling this.

Amy: Well I’m not the one with a 93 in Galactic History, am I? And besides, I’m having too much fun listening to you talk anyways.

Jim: *Sighs* The least you could do is take my place so I can get some work done, what are you doing anyways?

Amy: Taking Tessa for a spin.

Jim: … you’re just the spitting image of integrity aren’t you?

Amy: Hey now, I have the drone monitor up and running in the cockpit just so you know.

Jim: How’d you manage that?

Amy: Pretty simple really, just uploaded the monitoring OS into Tessa and set it to display on one of the side monitors, and look at that, Donner and Blitzen are doing wonderful.

Jim: Yeah well Prancer went kaput a few days ago so…

Amy: Anyways that's not all I’m doing, I decided to take a look at those coordinates you sent me a few days ago again to see if we missed anything at those points.

Jim: You find anything?

Amy: No not really, but I haven’t check all the points yet. I suppose I can put that off till later though if you need me to swap out with you.

Jim: Yeah, that’d be great.

Amy: Alrighty Jim, on my way. Remember, we gotta start exploring other parts of the ship tomorrow. See what’s going on.

Jim: Sounds like a plan, you sure you don’t want to report this to the Coalition?

Amy: No, not yet. Still haven’t scratched that itch enough yet.

Jim: Fine by me, I want to see what's going on here too.

Amy: Alrighty then, see you in a bit then.

Jim: Got it.



*End Transmission*

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Comments

Popular Posts