Across the Expanse: Day 63

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Day 63

*Start Transmission*

Jim: Alright, in the West Wing, gonna start following the signal and see what’s up.

Amy: Good, maybe this thing will turn itself right side up if we can power it somehow.

Jim: Hopefully, god knows my arms need a rest. It’s a great workout though.

Amy: Yeah Well I’d rather travel through this ship without feeling like my arms are falling off, thank you very much.

Jim: Well… just… hold… on… a second. Making my way up this vent right now.


Amy: Yeah looks like you’re closing in on that energy source. It’s pretty weak though, you sure its gonna power the rest of the ship?

Jim: Gotta start somewhere right? Now hold… on… oh wow.

Amy: What’s up?

Jim: This place is beautiful. Its massive, that's for sure and there seems to be this inert orb in the center. Definitely looks like a reactor room of some sort.

Amy: What makes you say that?

Jim: Well a lot of these hard energy lines appear to lead into the large orb in the center, which I’m assuming is the reactor. If it's not the reactor it makes for one hell of a decoration then.

Amy: Well that’s fine and all but is there anything else you can see? That reactor is gonna do a fat load of nothing unless we can activate it somehow.

Jim: Give me a sec… wait, I think I found something.

Amy: What do you got?

Jim: Looks like another podium right at the base of the reactor… and its got that egg floating right above it.

Amy: Oh nice, so that was a key.

Jim: And it looks like the ignition is right in front… above me right now.

Amy: Well step to it soldier, that podium isn’t gonna activate itself.

Jim: I got it I got it… just… give me… a few
There, you strapped in? No telling that could happen here.

Amy: Tied to a post yeah, I think it’s on the ground level, so we’ll have to see.

Jim: Alright, starting… now.

*Rumbling*
*Shaking*
*Crashing*

Amy: Looks like its turning, and rock outside seems to be breaking and… Jim, you there?

Jim:

Amy: Jim.

Jim: Oh come on, I’m literally hanging from a Mag Grip as this thing is turning. Why couldn't it just turn right side up first?

Amy: Gotta shake off that rock somehow, suck it up.

Jim: I feel like my arm is about to pop out of its socket.

Amy: Then shut up and focus on your grip. It’ll be over soon.

Jim: *Mild Grumbling*

Amy: Quit being a baby.
Looks like we’re good. You doing alright?

Jim: Just… don’t expect me to lift anything for a while. Good new though. I got the key.

Amy: Nice, that’ll be out ticket to get these doors open.

Jim: Yeah, what’s the status outside?

Amy: Right, well looks like what we were actually were in was some kind of hangar, that hole was just a little bit of the hangar door open and it cracked wide open when we powered the ship up. Looks like we’re floating above the ground now, a few stories above ground, if I were to give it a guess. Sheila should be able to get over here if we use her remote function.

Jim: Got it. Any force fields now that I think about it? Last thing we need is crashing one of our ships.

Amy: Hold up… yeah looks like there is some kind of field. Invisible until you touch it. It gives off some kind of blue light.

Jim: Right, hopefully Shiela can pass through it fine.

Amy: We’ll cross that bridge when we get to it, for now just get over here, we’ve got some exploring to do.

Jim: Roger.



*End Transmission*

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Comments

Popular Posts