Across the Expanse: Day 56

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Day 56


*Start Transmission*


Amy: Got any sixes?

Jim: Hmmmm… Go fish. Got any fives?

Amy: Go fish… tell me something Jim.



Jim: What is it?


Amy: We’ve got all this technology around us, the ability to shoot transmissions across the expanses of space and time, the ability to travel faster than light, to create holograms that we can touch, and you chose GO FISH to pass the time?!

Jim: What? It’s a classic.

Amy: I really think you were born in the wrong time period.

Jim: Eh, I’m having fun. It’s mindless.

Amy: Well the more intellectual minds enjoy something more… stimulating.

Jim: Oh really? What did you get in Galactic History?

Amy: I think a… 90?

Jim: I got a 93.

Amy: Oh please, what did you get in Chem?

Jim: 94.

Amy: Fuck! Ok what about Calc?

Jim: 89

Amy: Ha! I got a 95, not so smart are we?

Jim: So you’re 1 for 3, nice.

Amy: ...shut up, I already finished my studying, you still got work to do. Plenty of time to fail there.

Jim: *laughing*... huh, that’s interesting.

Amy: What’s up?

Jim: More readings on the radar, might be the sensors acting up again though, some of these are the usual faux signals from before.

Amy: Can’t hurt to check, we got nothing better to do and the last thing we need is another pirate attack.

Jim: Right right… let’s see… *typing*... yeah, looks like nothing, sensors must be fried to hell again, even worse than last time.

Amy: Alright… mind sending me those coordinates anyways?

Jim: Why?

Amy: Figured I should go out and look into it anyways, nothing better to do.

Jim: You could always monitor the mining drones, you know, like you’re supposed to do.

Amy: Please, these things run flawlessly.

Jim: You lost another one yesterday.

Amy: ...just send the coordinates already.

Jim: Fine fine, not like you can do anything tonight anyways.

Amy: Plenty of time to take Tessa out for a spin.

Jim: So that’s why you wanted the coordinates.

Amy: Nah, I could take her out for a spin whenever I want, I kinda want to see if the sensor is working alright or if we’re missing something.

Jim: Like?

Amy: Well those pirates were here for a reason weren’t they? Otherwise they wouldn’t have stayed as long as before.

Jim: True… true, I’ll take another look at the sensor tomorrow, see if it’s really fried.

Amy: Sounds like a plan, already getting excited.

Jim: We’ll see what happens, till then…. got any 3’s?

Amy: You’re in luck, I’ve got two.

Jim: Excellent.

Amy: ...this is gonna be a long night.



*End Transmission*

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Comments

Popular Posts