Across the Expanse: Day 57

First    Previous    Archive    Next


*Start Transmission*

Jim: So, you find anything out there?

Amy: Nothing that I can really see no, just a bunch of rock and dirt. Have you checked the sensor?

Jim: Yeah, surprisingly there isn't anything wrong with it, looks like that new shielding they put in works.

Amy: Huh… then what the hell is causing the signals?

Jim: Any tech you can find around the area?

Amy: No, and believe me I checked, used the sensors on Tessa and everything. And the whole area is flat, not much can hide around here.

Jim: Huh… well this is just getting weird now.

Amy: I’m going to check out another one of these points, let me know if you find anything out.



Jim: Will do.




Amy: Well I’ve arrived. Zilch, again. You find anything out.

Jim: Well, it’s more of a hunch really.

Amy: Better than nothing, lay it on me.

Jim:  Well what I did was find the center to all the points and estimated a some coordinates based on that. Maybe something there is throwing out signals there.

Amy: Send them here.

Jim: Doing it.

Amy: The coordinates are located in the Ravines.

Jim: Yeah, points seemed to have set up a perimeter around them. That gonna be an issue?



Amy: Please, I’ll be fine, I’ll let you know when I get there.



Amy: Alright, I’m here, there’s a bunch of rocks but other than that I’m not seeing anything.

Jim: The signals on the sensors disappeared too… what is going on?

Amy: I don’t know… wait.

Jim: What’s up?

Amy: There’s this… light coming from one of the rocks, or in between them to be more specific.

Jim: You think it’s safe to approach?

Amy: ...that I dunno, but I’m gonna find out.

Jim: Smart.

Amy: It’s either that or die of boredom.

Jim: That’s a bit melodramatic, don’t you think?

Amy: If I have to look at another monitor for another hour… anyways shut up, let me take a look at this.

Jim: Fine fine.
Find anything?

Amy: Shhhhh! Jeez, you’re impatient.

Jim: Well get to it already!

Amy: Fine fine… huh, there is something there… it looks a lot like an egg.

Jim: Is it as big as an egg?

Amy: Yeah, let me just… got it, wow this thing is smooth, not a scratch on it.

Jim: Any idea on what it is?

Amy: No idea, don’t have time to really go over it right now anyways.

Jim: Yeah, it's almost nightfall.

Amy: I think I’ll leave it in Tessa for now, something about this thing is… eerie.

Jim: What like that ominus kind of feeling from the flicks?

Amy: Yeah, don’t think a parasite will jump out of this one though…it looks artificial. Anyways I’ll bring it by tomorrow, that way we both can take a look at it.

Jim: Alrighty, I’ll see if I got anything in the fridge to cook up.

Amy: Oh please, I could do with a good home cooked meal right now.

Jim: I’ll see what I can do, talk to you later Amy.

Amy: Later Jim.



*End Transmission*

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Comments

Popular Posts