Across the Expanse: Day 60

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Day 60


*Start Transmission*


Amy: Alright Jim, I’m in Tessa and following the egg to wherever it’s pointing. I’ll keep you updated as time goes on.


Jim: Roger, I’m looking through the net to see if I can find anything like that device.


Amy: Anything interesting?


Jim: Well based on aesthetics it looks a lot like Faar’Shar tech.

Amy: Faar’shar?
Jim: I guess the more accepted term would be the Timeless Ones.

Amy: Ah, big guys, look like they’re covered in rocks?

Jim: Yeah.

Amy: Don’t usually see much of them, kinda forget they exist sometimes.

Jim: Yeah but their tech is ridiculous, None of the major powers have managed to develop anything like it… well maybe the Thulu’s but their tech has always been… weird.

Amy: Yeah, at least everyone else has developed their tech for universal use. Though they are the only race with tentacles…

Jim: And are over 20 feet large, yeah, that’s kind of a road block.

Amy: Just a little bit. Anyways anything you can find out from what you’re looking at?

Jim: Nothing really, then again we don’t know much about their technology in general. This was just kind of a shot in the dark.

Amy: Got it, well I’ll contact you whenever I find something.

Jim: Roger, I’ll take a look at those pirate files again and see if I can’t find anything else.

Amy: Don’t get too excited now.

Jim: Please, barely half of this stuff is actually watchable. These pirates were into some weird shit.

Amy: *Laughs* Gotcha, talk to you in a bit Jim.




Amy:
So I’ve been flying all over the Expanse follow this thing and I think I’ve found where this thing is leading me.

Jim: Where is it?

Amy: A large basin in the middle, unnaturally round from the looks of it. Perfectly symmetrical, perfectly smooth. Definitely isn't natural that's for sure.

Jim: Have you seen it before?

Amy: No, never thought to explore the Expanse, not having a ship kinda hindered that whole thing.

Jim: True true, think it's safe to land?

Amy: Looks pretty barren to me, and sensors aren't picking up anything. Still, might as well be cautious. I'll pass over at low altitude and see if anything is… Hold on.

Jim: What’s up?

Amy: It's faint, but I'm picking up something below the surface. Looks like it's linked to a small structure in the center.

Jim: Alright well check it out, be careful though.

Amy: Got it got it, just give me a sec.
Alright I’ve landed, looks like there is some sort pedestal here. It has a small indentation in the center that - Hey!

Jim: What happened?

Amy: The damn egg just flew out of my hand. Fits right into the pedestal and… oh man.

Jim: What?

Amy: You know those scenes you always see in the flicks where some alien artifact sinks into the ground and something massive follows?

Jim: Yeah, what about it?

Amy: I think that’s happening.

Jim: ...get out of there, right now.

Amy: Already on it- *cracking and sounds of crashing* oh shit, shit shit shit…

Jim: Amy?!

Amy:
Alright I’m in the air, sorry about the silence, I had to concentrate. But man, you have got to see this Jim1.

Jim: How’s it look?

Amy: Big, massive, it's pretty much a sinkhole that leads into a pit of tech and darkness. Pretty badass.

Jim: You gonna take a look?

Amy: It’s tempting, but I definitely didn’t bring anything for spelunking, especially into any alien caves.

Jim: Makes sense, leave the coordinates there. I’ll swing by on Sheila tomorrow as well and see what happens.

Amy: Sounds like a plan, see you tomorrow then Jim.

Jim: See you then Amy.



*End Transmission*

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Comments

Popular Posts