Across the Expanse: Day 88

First    Previous    Archive    Next


Day 88


Jim: ………*Groan* what happe— Amy? Ow, ow let go. You’re killing me here.
Amy: No I’m just gonna stay here for a little bit.
Jim: Mind loosening the grip a little then? At this rate you’re gonna pop my head off.
Amy: Ah, right, sorry.
Jim:
Amy:
Jim: I’m glad you’re ok.

Amy: Please, you were more fucked up than I was.
Jim: Well I mean you tussle with angry space beasts and come out unharmed.
Amy: *Scoffs* Please, catch up with me Tuesday and I’ll show you what’s up.
Jim: *Chuckle* I’ll take you up on that… oh wow my armor is all kinds of messed up isn’t it?
Amy: Getting the armor plating off of your was not easy. That, and my arms were pretty much noodles when I was trying to do it.
Jim: Well I appreciate the effort… gonna need a new set of duds though.
Wraith: This one is currently fashioning another battle frame for you now Jim.
Jim: Oh hey Wraith, glad you’re alright.
Wraith: This one was never in any danger.
Jim: It was sarcasm.
Wraith: Ah, this one finds the attempt fairly poor.
Amy: Damn Jim, you just got smack talked by an AI, what are you gonna do about that?
Jim: Take it like a man, he wasn’t wrong. Now I just need to get out of this medipod, which would be much easier if you’d let go of me.
Amy: Right, right.
Jim: Let me just...*Groan* Oh god it’s like someone tap danced on my stomach.
Wraith: This one recommends further stay in the medipod if you wish for a faster recover.
Jim: No I think I’m good, just gonna treat this like that sore you get after a good workout.
Amy: Do you normally fight hulking monsters in your workouts?
Jim: Only on Thursdays, but are you sure you’re ok Amy?
Amy: I’m fine, according to Wraith the wounds I had were only meant to disable me.
Jim: Really? Why is that?
Wraith: This one has come to the conclusion that the Verakore present in the facility wished to study Amy to get an idea of human anatomy.
Amy: So I was gonna be a test subject… what a cheery thought.
Wraith: Due to the presence of a Stalker, it is most likely that the crew of this vessel were eliminated one by one while exploring Deletros.
Jim: Damn… doesn’t explain how the Berserker was able to hide though.
Wraith: It appears that the Berserker was kept as a test subject on this vessel. This one went through its data files once again and only found blank spots around the time that the crew member Amy found passed away.
Jim: So this Stalker just cut down the crew one by one… how did no one see this coming?
Wraith: Judging from usual Verakore tactics, this one assumes that the elimination of the crew was done quickly, in the span of two days.
Jim: Right, so they must have thought that the Crew members that died went missing and went out to look for them, and when the Stalker eliminated those looking for the crew the ship must have been pretty empty.
Wraith: Correct, the crew on this vessel was nothing more than a skeleton crew as well.
Amy: Damn…
Jim: It's strange though, for a creature that was quick enough to eliminate a crew of Faar’Shar seemingly effortlessly is a wonder that he didn’t kill me.
Wraith: This one hypothesizes that it is due to the fact that the Stalker did not know much about the human anatomy and placed its strikes based on Faar’Shar Anatomy. It proved useful in disabling Amy, but not in eliminating you.
Amy: That’s… pretty lucky.
Jim: Tell me about it, that blade hurt like a bitch through.
Amy: Tell me about it…
Wraith: Regardless, this one is glad you are both alright.
Jim: Was that concern in your voice?
Wraith: Emotions are not a foreign concept to this one's processes.
Amy: Well we wouldn’t have made it through that without all the gear you gave us… so thanks again Wraith.
Jim: Yeah, we definitely owe you a lot.
Wraith: This one will always be of assistance.
Jim: Well I need something to eat, and rations are not gonna cut it.
Amy: I didn’t realize you had anything left.
Jim: I’ve got a few bits and pieces here and there. Hey Wraith, can’t believe we haven’t come across it, but does this ship have a kitchen?
Wraith: This vessel does possess such a station, though Faar’Shar technology may be a bit different from Human technology for such purposes. This one recommends you use the facilities in your Tower for the best results.
Jim: Eh, we’ll figure it out. Food always tastes better with friends anyways.
Wraith: Friends?
Amy: As cheesy as it sounds., I think you’ve done more than enough to be called a friend Wraith.
Wraith: This one sees…
Jim: Anyways I’m gonna go grab the ingredients, be back in a jiffy.
Amy: Hey wait, let me come with you… gotta make sure you don’t pass out on the way there.
Jim: Oh please, I’ll be fine.
Amy: I’m coming Jim, and you’re not stopping me.
Jim: Fine, fine. Be back in a bit Wraith.

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Comments

Popular Posts