Across the Expanse: Day 85

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Day 85



*Start Transmission*


Jim: How’s it going?


Amy: Slow, thank God I brought this book with me, otherwise I’d be bored as hell.


Jim: You would think Wraith would be quick about it given an AI’s processing power.


Wraith: This one is attempting to piece together the the broken systems, which is proving to be far more… complicated than originally calculated.

Jim: What’s the hold up?


Amy: Apparently there are pieces of data just missing altogether. Wraith is trying to piece together what’s left but it requires going into the minute details of each piece of data to see where it all fits together.


Wraith: This one does not think it can restore the facility’s AI, but it can restore the more advanced functions of the facility for Amy to utilize with the aid of the operator frame.


Jim: Does that include opening that door?


Amy: Yes it does.


Jim: I can feel you smiling from all over here.


Amy: Well it's something to look forward to at least. Didn’t think it would take this long though.


Wraith: This one is working at optimum speeds.


Amy: Well work faster Wraith, I want to do some exploring.


Wraith: Understood.


Jim: Careful Wraith, pretty soon she’ll have you cooking dinner and doing her job.


Amy: Nonsense, I’ve got you for that Jim.


Jim: Really now? I’ll remember that next time I’m cooking a meal for myself.


Amy: Hey now, share the love right?


Jim: Eh.


Amy: What a charmer you are.


Jim: Got it from my dad.


Amy: Along with the dance moves right?


Jim: Oh totally, you ain’t seen nothing yet.


Amy: We’ll see about— Aw hell.


Jim: What’s up?


Amy: Lights went out. What’s going on Wraith?


Wraith: The reactor for the facility has shut down.


Amy: Why? Something wrong with the system?


Wraith: This one is not sure, a direct connection to the reactor is required.


Amy: *Sigh* Yeah fine, dammit…




Alright I’m here. Trying out the master key… and it’s not working. Connecting to the control panel, or what I think is the control panel.


Wraith: Analyzing… this one has been locked out of the system.


Jim: Locked out? How is that possible?


Wraith: This one is not able say, locking this one out of the system would require interference from an outside source.


Amy: So someone else is doing this?


Wraith: There is no other explanation.


Jim: So what, is there some stealth ship out there interfering with the facility?


Wraith: No, there are no vessels within the area that are capable of such interference.


Amy: So you mean there is someone else here?


Wraith: Correct.


Jim: Amy, get out of there.


Amy:  Right...right, heading for the door




Fuck! It’s locked.


Jim: Can’t you unlock it with the master key?


Amy: Doesn’t work. Wraith, are you detecting any movement nearby?


Wraith: Negative.


Amy: Right… shit, what do I do?


Jim: I’m heading over, give me a sec.



Jim: Right, I’m here.


Amy: Can you open the door from the outside?


Jim: No I can’t. Let me try…


*Pulsing noise*


Weapons aren’t working either.


Wraith: This one is detecting that the facility is still running on low power, it may be possible to access the door controls through the AI core.


Amy: How long will that take?


Wraith: Given the stripped down state of the system… at least overnight.


Amy: Dammit… you better head back Jim, it's almost night time.


Jim: You sure? I can easily spend the night in Shiela so I’m close by.


Amy: That’s sweet, but it's really not gonna help much. Odds are I’m not sleeping tonight though…


Jim: Right, well keep the coms open, let me know if anything... or anyone comes up.

Amy: Way to say it like that Jim, you're being real consoling there.

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Comments

Popular Posts