Across the Expanse: Day 20

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Day 20


*Start transmission*


Lee: You there Amy?

Havardy: Hey there Jim. You settling in yet?

Lee: Boredom is kicking in already.

Havardy: That’s the spirit. It’s just us again, so time to settle in for the long haul.

Lee: At least they left one of their shuttles to replace Sheila.

Havardy: Did they now? That’s convenient.

Lee: Not as convenient as having an unlicensed Corsair. Where did you hide that anyways?

Havardy: Somewhere in the ravines, I was actually on my way out to move it over here.

Lee: You’re just gonna leave it out in the open?

Havardy: For now, if another Coalition ship shows up I’ll just hide it at the bunker or something.

Lee: What’s the status on the frigate?

Havardy: Still here, and still not moving. If need be I could probably power it on but unless the engine gets fixed it’s not going anywhere.

Lee: Good... good…

Havardy:

Lee:

Havardy: Well I guess I’ll be going now. I’ll let you know when I’m on my way back.

Lee: Right, have a safe trip Amy.

Havardy: Thanks.



Havardy: Alright I’m in Tessa and on my way back.

Lee: Good to know, safe flying out there.

Havardy: I think I’m gonna take the scenic route, push the girl to her limits and see what she’ll do.

Lee: You didn’t do that being chased by pirates?

Havardy: To an extent, but I’ve got plenty more tricks to try out.

Lee: Well don’t do anything reckless.

Havardy: You seriously telling me to do that?

Lee: I guess that is a dumb request.

Havardy: Anyways I’ll get back to you in a bit.

Lee: Got it.



Havardy: Whew! This thing can handle a few things that’s for sure.

Lee: I can tell.

Havardy: Huh? How?

Lee: You left the coms open when you were whooping and hollering.

Havardy: ...well that’s embarrassing.

Lee: I thought it was pretty entertaining.

Havardy: You would wouldn’t you?

Lee: Yeah, made a recording and everything.

Havardy: You didn’t.

Lee: *Plays recording*

Havardy: You son of a bitch. Delete that right now!

Lee: I dunno, I bet your brother would love to hear this.

Havardy: That’s just cruel.

Lee: Gotta find something to entertain me.

Havardy: I’m sure your sister would love to know her brother is an asshat.

Lee:  Oh she already knows that, what do you think I did whenever I was home?

Havardy: Man, I really am missing uptight Jim right now.

Lee: Eh, you’ll be fine.

Havardy: I’m getting this sinking feeling that I won’t be.

Lee: *Laugh* Anyways I got a message from Helos, supplies should be arrive tomorrow sometime.

Havardy: Nice, I can taste that wine already.

Lee: You’re gonna have to let me know who your guy is one of these days.

Havardy: One day maybe, for now just let me know if you need anything special, I’ll get it for you.

Lee: Sounds good to me.

Havardy:

Lee:

Havardy: Man, everything died down pretty quickly didn’t it?

Lee: Yeah they did. Can’t say I miss the excitement though.

Havardy: Fair point, and hey, I do have me a ship. Things are looking up already.

Lee: Yeah they are.

Havardy: Anyways I’m gonna find a place to set Tessa down, contact you later.

Lee: Gotcha, smooth flying to you Amy.

*End transmission*

First    Previous    Archive    Next

Comments

Popular Posts